It’s now Week 8 in the 10 Things Challenge and I am still managing to more and more stuff that I just don’t need to keep! Of course, it doesn’t hurt that I will be moving in a month – in fact, it gives me even more encouragement to get rid of this
junk stuff. I really love that you guys are getting involved in the challenge for yourself! Here is what I am moving out of my house this week:
1. Bag of more computer/audio/video cables ->Give away
2. CD case ->Give away
3. Plastic travel zip up bag ->Give away
4. Old corner shower soap caddy ->Give away
5. Messenger bag from Old Navy ->Give away
6. 20 Questions game ->Give away
7. College Architecture Book ->Donate to library
8. Quick & Easy Cookbook ->Donate to library
9. Shaker Tradition Book ->Donate to library
10. Wooden Houses Book ->Donate to library
So, there you have it 10+ more things leaving my house less cluttered. What 10 things are you getting rid of this week?
I was curious, after you’ve sorted out what you’ll be doing with each item, what do you do after? Do you go and drop them off every week or make piles and do a bigger trip later?
By the way, you’ve inspired me to start sorting through my stuff and am mostly doing via Freecycle.
This is quite interesting… I move a lot (with the military) and This time I had 18,000 pound of Household Goods! Read these posts has encouraged me to seriously down-size… I have a lot of useful things that the local community will definitely benefit from.
I usually collect 2 weeks worth of stuff and then drop it off, Imelda.
Katrina – wow, 18,000 pounds! Good luck with the down-sizing!
I just dropped off four large bags – three bags of clothing and one bag of kitchen/household items – at Goodwill today, ridding my home of well over 100 items.