On Monday, I wrote “What Do I REALLY Need In My Life?” and declared that I was going to start getting rid of 10 items a week from my house. While I don’t really have any clutter, I definitely have way more “stuff” in the house than I need to keep or move around with me – so out the door it is going to go! Seems that some other people who read Monday’s post are going to try to do the same thing, so I decided to document this challenge every week. For week 1, I went through my house and picked out 10 easy things I knew I could get rid of and not miss at all, and here is what I came up with and where I am sending each item:
1. Coca-Cola “ornament” #1 that has been traveling with me since college. ->Goodwill.
2. Coca-Cola “ornament” #2 that has been traveling with me since college. ->Goodwill.
3. Coca-Cola “ornament” #3 that has been traveling with me since college. ->Goodwill.
4. Coca-Cola “ornament” #4 that has been traveling with me since college. ->Goodwill.
5. A modern wall clock that has never worked correctly, but I always thought I could fix. Well, I can’t. ->Trash.
6. A toy Shell gasoline truck. How does this stuff get in my house? ->Nephew
7. A cheap business card holder from a convention I went to in my previous corporate life. ->Goodwill.
8. A broken clock that stopped working 3 months ago. ->Trash.
9. A cowboy hat that looks ridiculous on anyone who wears it. (Besides, I have my own that fit well) ->Goodwill.
10. A silver candy dish with a cutesy saying on it, which has been in a cabinet for at least 2-3 years. ->Goodwill.
Well, that was easy enough. I am wondering if I should up this to 20 things a week, as these 10 were waaay to easy to come up with. What do you think? Want to play along?