It’s now Week 10 in the 10 Things Challenge and there are only 2 more weeks until I move to Colorado. While it’s very exciting to be moving back to the city where there is life and things to do (and sports teams!), I will certainly miss the quiet and wide-open spaces of New Mexico. Onwards and upwards, or so they say. For this week, I am not going to put a picture up because most everything I got rid of are big and bulky pieces that I am not taking with me to Denver. I can honestly say that I don’t think I have ever owned this “few” things in my life, and it is quite refreshing to see just how easy this move it going to be. A couple of pieces of furniture and some boxes, and that’s about it. My new home should be pretty damn minimalist! Let’s take a look at what I got rid of this week in preparation of the move:
1. TV/Media center – Sold to the family moving into my rental
2. Wood bookcase – I am keeping one and getting rid of this one
3. China cabinet – I am not big on displaying wine glasses, so this is going
4. Mac Pro – I sold it and consolidated down to just my laptop
5. Table & chairs – Had been on my porch all summer and don’t have room in my new kitchen
6. Rocking chair from IKEA – had 2, only keeping 1
7. Bamboo window blind – it’s been in the closet for over a year, and it doesn’t fit any of the windows in the new place
8. 2 curtain rods – again, no need or space in the new place
9. 2 curtains that go with said curtain rods above
10. My Jeep – I finally sold my Jeep and am just keeping my Subaru. I will miss the fun times in the Jeep, but in the city it won’t serve the same purpose
So, there you have it 10+ more things leaving my house less cluttered. That might be it for me until I get to the new place and start unpacking, only to find more stuff I could have gotten rid of.
What 10 things are you getting rid of this week?